Clinical Services International is a global leader of pharmaceutical products and services for clinical trials. We do Intelligent Sourcing of medicines, Generics, Diagnostics and Medical Devices throughout the world, supplying the clinical trials that develop tomorrow’s medicines. Operations in UK, Germany, Japan, USA.
We manage the entire supply chain and offer tailor-made solution for clinical trials. We have grown very significantly, and we are now looking to appoint a Business Development Director in Germany.
The Business Development Director is to be responsible for identification, targeting, and securing new business through sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision-influencers. They will drive the sales process in collaboration with Operations and introduce CSI services. As the organisation grows in Germany, the Business Development Director will be in a good position to expand the team and become General Manager. Candidates will be educated to higher-degree level in a pharmaceutical or science discipline and have experience in a business-to-business sales role in a CRO, life sciences company or life sciences consulting company.
• Actively and aggressively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within customer account(s)
• Analyze and prioritize potential opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for each target account
• Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customers
• Lead proposal strategy and development in collaboration with Business Operations to ensure client needs are addressed
• Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets
• Extensive Client prospecting
• Actively maintain territory account plan with break-in strategies
• Understand the clients’ development and commercial strategy, product development portfolio
• Project confidence and expertise in the approach and engagement with key decision makers
• Proactively engage clients across all key functions up and down the sponsor organization; maintain high visibility within client organization and become the trusted advisor
• Develop a strong understanding of clients' unique needs and become the focal point of discussing
• Maintain solid knowledge of all CSI services and value propositions for appropriate cross-selling opportunities
• Maintain close relationships with delivery teams for identification of new opportunities to ensure account growth
• Utilise CRM system to establish reports to analyse business leads and development opportunities and track and report progress
• Proven sales track record of achieving/surpassing sales goals
• Ability to work independently and as team player
• Excellent business/industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business, drug development, pharmaceutical supply chain, clinical trials
• Strong consultative skills
• Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
• Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data, drug pipelines
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and to communicate at senior management level
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, and customers
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Willingness to travel 50% of time as client needs dictate
Required/Preferred Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical or Science discipline, Masters, PhD preferred
• Multiple years previous experience in B2B sales role, preferably in a CRO, Life Sciences Company or Consulting background specializing in Life Sciences.
• Understanding of commercial business needs and priorities
• Extensive personal network of prospective clients/contacts
• Independent thinking and action, as well as the potential to develop and take on increased responsibility.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
In return we offer:
An amazing opportunity to contribute to a fast growing, pharmaceutical company and potentially move along our subsidiaries.
A 'can do' culture where you will be encouraged to get involved in a range of exciting initiatives and to introduce new ideas, work directly with some of the largest Pharmaceuticalcompanies
A warm, welcoming environment based in Central London
The opportunity to learn new skills and ongoing personal development and career opportunities
What’s in it for you?
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities and work with highly experience people in the industry.
From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to engaging with Blue Chip Pharmaceutical clients all over the world.
Develop scientific knowledge and expertise in clinical trials and drug development.
Competitive salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holiday, Pension Scheme, great working environment.